Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yes, I am still here :) - Catch Up Post #1 (from end of Feb 2010)

So it’s been a little too long since the last post, but my excuses are in good form :). Since my last post I have done the following:



1. Watched the super bowl in a Thai bar with every American drunk living in and visiting Chiang Mai. I then won a bet on the winner of the super bowl (WHO DAT!) and had the fearless loser (ahem, Eric) wear my hot pink bikini top outside of his shirt all around the city for one day.



2. Attended the flower festival in Chiang Mai which is similar to the Rose Parade with floats made entirely out of flowers = this new age hippy lady's dream on wheels :)

3. Attempted Thai style karaoke and sang Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On like an absolute champ :)



4. Taught English to 15 Burmese hill-tribe minority kids and loved every minute of it




5. Started a strong daily self practice of yoga and zen

6. Received the most amazing massage from the talented blind masseuse Dio

7. Played model and had a suuuper fun photo shoot with an ever amazing and talented photographer - I am your biggest fan :)



8. Met wonderful life-long friends who have helped guide me on my path - I am very appreciative and I know we will keep in touch



9. Was introduced to the many medicinal wonders of the Thai herbal steam bath of which I have learned to mimic at home (come and visit :)

10. Did an all day bike ride with a friend (Regi!) riding south of Chiang Mai until no sound of cars or buses could be heard



11. Found a really cool thai massage and herbal medicine school to take classes at for one week but ended up going on a meditation retreat from hell instead


12. Moved to Mae Sai and started volunteering with DEPDC. And moved into my first apartment without roommates :).

13. Visited a Thai organic farm and learned how to grow hydrophonic plants (yesssss!)

14. Renamed myself DJ Sweet-T on child voice radio from 9-11 am weekday mornings

15. Finally got back on the horse, or motorbike in this instance, after a minor incident - and going strong!

16. Still learning to sleep on an extra hard mattresses

17. Befriended several fellow farang friends who have the same passion for volunteering and social work as myself

So, I have had a great time and have learned more than I ever thought I could in the four months, life is amazing and is keeping me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment